canadasvoice:#Jobs in Canada
Clinical Lead, Critical Care (Anticipatory)
Whitehorse General Hospital
Friday, August 17, 2018
$42.10 to $56.23 per hour
Regular Anticipatory Positions
Sunday, September 16, 2018
Reporting to the Clinical Care Manager – ER (CCM), the Clinical Lead, Critical Care is responsible for providing clinical leadership to the patient care team within the ER/CCU area and oversees the allocation of human resources required for the provision of optimal and consistent patient care.
Knowledge and Skills required for this position are as follows:
• Knowledge of established practices and procedures of professional nursing care;
• Experience in the area of critical care nursing – normally associated with considerable experience and education in a critical care area(s).
• Knowledge of trends and developments in the nursing field;
• Knowledge of clinical education principles;
• Ability to develop and implement nursing care plans;
• Ability to plan and implement a resource management program for patient care units;
• Knowledge of management methods and techniques including human and financial management;
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
• Effective interpersonal relationships;
• Initiative, judgment and reliability;
• Cross-cultural awareness;
• Advocacy and assertiveness skills;
• Ability to teach nursing practices and other relevant unit skills;
• Computer Literacy.
• Ability to effectively engage with a variety of physician personalities ranging from widely experienced generalists to highly specialized visiting medical staff and out of province health care facilities.
• Ability to advocate for patients, patients’ family, unit staff or other allied members of the health care team.
The successful applicant will have Degree or Diploma in Nursing, current registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association, and current CPR-Automated Extended Defibulator (AED) Healthcare Provider. A Master’s degree in Nursing or nursing specialty training (Advanced Cardiac Support [ACLS] or Neonatal Advanced Life Support [NALS]) is desirable for this position.
Please Note: Internal employees only: This job posting will be utilized to create two Eligibility Lists – one for regular (full-time and part-time) and one for term positions. Qualified employees who wish to be included on either or both of the Eligibility Lists must apply for the job posting in order to be interviewed for the purpose of being ranked on the Eligibility Lists. Future positions will be awarded in order of the Eligibility List established through this posting.
Quoting competition #2018-260, e-mail your resume by 4.00 p.m. August 17, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
- Rita Mohseny